Cody Coughlin, No. 13 JEGS Toyota Tundra
NASCAR Camping World Truck Series
Atlanta Motor Speedway – Active Pest Control 200
Race No. 2 of 23
Laps Led: 0
Driver Points: 11th
Owner Points: 14th
Cody Coughlin Race Recap:
Cody Coughlin, driver of the No. 13 JEGS Toyota Tundra, made his track debut in Saturday’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) Active Pest Control 200 at Atlanta (Ga.) Motor Speedway. Starting 16th, Coughlin ran as high as second, and finished 16th in the 130-lap event.
The ThorSport Racing driver finished 19th, and 20th, respectively, in the first two stages of the event. Battling a free-in, tight through the center, and loose off Toyota Tundra, the Sunoco Rookie of the Year contender lost valuable track position late in the race, and was unable to make-up ground in the final laps. The JEGS driver was credited with a 16th-place finish behind race winner, Christopher Bell.
“I feel like I continue to have some difficulty at the mile-and-a-half tracks. I just need to learn how to be a little bit more aggressive on the restarts. At the beginning of the race, it seemed like we were making progress, even got up into the top-10, but we just went backwards from there. We’ll go back and try to figure out the handling, and get better from here. Great work by everyone on this JEGS Toyota team.”
- The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) had three practice sessions on Friday in preparation for Saturday’s Active Pest Control 200 at Atlanta Motor Speedway (AMS). Cody Coughlin was 17th, 21st, and eighth, respectively.
- Coughlin made his AMS debut in Saturday’s Active Pest Control 200. The Sunoco Rookie of the Year contender started 16th, ran as high as second, and finished 16th in the 130-lap event at the 1.54-mile oval.
- Coughlin was the fourth-highest finishing Sunoco Rookie of the Year contender in Saturday’s NCWTS event at AMS.
- Coughlin’s ThorSport Racing teammates finished second (Crafton), fourth (Rhodes), and eighth (Enfinger).
- Up Next: The Alpha Energy Solutions 200 at Martinsville (Va.) Speedway on Saturday, April 1.