Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/customer/www/codycoughlin.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-spamshield/wp-spamshield.php on line 2033
ARCA/CRA Super Series
No. 1 JEGS.com Toyota Camry
This is Coughlin’s first Super Late Model start of the season, and first since winning the ARCA/CRA Super Series and JEGS/CRA All-Stars Tour championshipsThe Ohio native was the first driver in history to capture both championships in a single season.
The high-banked Toledo Speedway fits right in line with Coughlin’s driving style. The half-mile oval is fast and it’s banked, and the Joe Gibbs Racing Development Driver loves both of those aspects. In fact, 21 year-old is the defending winner of this event. He dominated the 100-lap race last spring en route to his first career ARCA/CRA Super Series championship.
The Last Race
Cody Coughlin had a career-best finish in his sights at Martinsville Speedway in the Alpha Energy Solutions 200 for the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series before another driver took him out in the final corner. Coughlin drives the No. 13 JEGS.com / RIDE TV Toyota Tundra in the NCWTS.
Cody Coughlin’s Team JEGS crew will be led by second-year crew chief Jack Smith, who will be calling the shots for Coughlin. Smith is joined by Kevin Hamlin (team manager), Terry Cook (spotter), Dave Holt (crew member) and John Szitti (crew member).
Cody is a third-generation race car driver. His family, including his father, John, has been successful in NHRA drag racing for decades. Cody, unlike his family predecessors, chose the path of circle-track racing rather than follow on the straight-line path set forth by the rest of his family. Cody’s mother, Di, and sister, Kennedi, attend Cody’s races in support of their favorite driver.
The Race Track
Toledo Speedway is a half-mile oval with 12-13 degrees of banking in the corners. The track was paved in 1964 and used to hold what was considered to be the “Fastest Short Track Show in the World” when winged Sprint Cars and winged Supermodifieds would take to the track.
- Signed with ThorSport Racing to run full-time in NASCAR Camping World Truck Series
- Scored career-best NCWTS finish of 11th at Daytona International Speedway for ThorSport Racing.
- Made first NCWTS start at Daytona International Speedway for Kyle Busch Motorsports.
- Scored a top five and a top 10 at Nashville in the North/South Super Late Model Challenge.
- Won ARCA/CRA Super Series race at Toledo Speedway in April.
- Won ARCA/CRA Super Series race at Baer Field Motorsports Park in May.
- Won ARCA/CRA Super Series race at Anderson Speedway in May.
- Won JEGS/CRA All-Stars Tour race at Salem Speedway (IN) in June.
- Won JEGS/CRA All-Stars Tour race at Anderson Speedway (IN) in July.
- Won ARCA/CRA Super Series race at Winchester Speedway (IN) in September.
- Won JEGS/CRA All-Stars Tour Championship.
- Won ARCA/CRA Super Series Championship.
- Made first NASCAR Camping World Truck Series start at Kentucky in July.
- Made six ARCA Racing Series starts, capturing two poles (Talladega, Chicagoland), two top-fives, three top 10’s, and led a total of 28 laps.
- Coughlin finished sixth on the road course at New Jersey Motorsports Park in an ARCA Racing Series event in June.
- He ran eight ARCA/CRA Super Series Super Late Model races, with a best finish of second coming at the prestigious Winchester 400 in October.
- Made 11 ARCA Racing Series starts, scoring three top five finishes, and eight top-10 finishes.
- He had a best finish of fourth, twice, at Kentucky Speed and Kansas Speedway.
- He had a streak of three-straight top-10 finishes twice.
- Won the Winchester 100 ARCA/CRA Super Series race at Winchester Speedway.
- Scored three top-fives and four top-10 finishes in four ARCA/CRA Super Series races.
2011 – 2013
- Won the 2013 JEGS/CRA All-Stars Tour championship.
- Scored two victories in JEGS/CRA All-Stars Tour competition (Dixie Speedway, Salem Speedway) in 2013
- Scored seven top fives and nine top-10’s and two poles in addition to the two victories in JEGS/CRA All-Stars Tour competition in 2013
- Won the 2011 Howe Lettow Memorial Rookie of the Year Award for the JEGS / CRA All-Stars Tour.
Cody Coughlin on Twitter: @Cody_Coughlin
Team JEGS on Twitter: @TeamJEGS
Team JEGS on Instagram: @JEGSPerformance
Cody Coughlin Website: CodyCoughlin.com