Southern Super Series
The Rattler 250
No. 1 JEGS.com Toyota Camry
This will be Cody Coughlin’s second career start in the Rattler 250 at South Alabama Speedway. Coughlin was caught up in an incident on lap two in 2015, but fought back for a top-ten finish until ignition issues relegated him to a 21st-place finish.
Now Coughlin and his Team JEGS crew even hungrier to head back to Opp, Alabama for some redemption this year.
This is Coughlin’s first Late Model start of the 2016 season. He already has one race under his belt, which came in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series at Daytona International Speedway with Kyle Busch Motorsports.
Cody Coughlin is 20 years old from Delaware, Ohio and he will pilot the JEGS.com Toyota Camry Super Late Model in 13 events this year across the Midwest and Southeast states.
“I’m excited to race the Late Model again,” said Coughlin. “The Rattler is a great learning experience and hopefully the site of our next win.”
Cody Coughlin’s Team JEGS crew is a small, but strong one, led by veteran crew chief Nick Easton who is back with the team for his third year. Easton is joined by Kevin Hamlin (team manager), Scott Wimmer (spotter) and Dave Holt (crewmember).
“I know that Nick and the guys will have prepared an awesome car that I’m lucky enough to have the privilege to race down in Alabama,” Coughlin said.
Cody is a third-generation race car driver. His family, including his father, John, has been successful in NHRA drag racing for decades. Cody, unlike his family predecessors, chose the path of circle-track racing rather than follow on the straight-line path set forth by the rest of his family. Cody’s mother, Di, and sister, Kennedi, attend Cody’s races in support of their favorite driver.
The Race Track
South Alabama Speedway is a 4/10-mile oval located in Kinston, Alabama. It has 13-degrees of banking in the corners, with five-degrees of banking on the straightaways. The track has been open since 1973 and was originally built as a 1/2-mile oval until the track was reconfigured to its current size. The track was most recently resurfaced in 2007.
Cody Coughlin 2015
- Made first NASCAR Camping World Truck Series start at Kentucky Speedway in July.
- Made six ARCA Racing Series starts. Earned two poles (Talladega, Chicagoland), two top-fives, three top 10’s, and led a total of 28 laps.
- Finished sixth on the road course at New Jersey Motorsports Park in an ARCA Racing Series event in June.
- Ran eight ARCA/CRA Super Series Super Late Model races, with a best finish of second coming at the prestigious Winchester 400 in October.
Cody Coughlin 2014
- Made 11 ARCA Racing Series starts, scoring three top five finishes and eight top-10 finishes.
- He had a best finish of fourth, twice, at Kentucky Speedway and Kansas Speedway.
- He had a streak of three-straight top-10 finishes twice.
- Won the Winchester 100 ARCA/CRA Super Series (Super Late Model) race at Winchester Speedway.
- Scored three top-fives and four top-10 finishes in four ARCA/CRA Super Series races.
Cody Coughlin 2013
- Won the 2013 JEGS/CRA All-Stars Tour Championship.
- Scored two victories in JEGS/CRA All-Stars Tour competition (Dixie Speedway, Salem Speedway).
- Scored seven top fives and nine top-10’s and two poles in addition to the two victories in JEGS/CRA All-Stars Tour competition.
Get to Know Cody Coughlin
Instagram: JEGS Performance