Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/codycoug/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-spamshield/wp-spamshield.php on line 2033
ARCA/CRA Super Series
7-Up Twin 100’s
No. 1 JEGS.com Toyota Camry
This will be Cody Coughlin’s third Super Late Model start of the 2016 season.
Coughlin is headed to one of his favorite race tracks, Toledo Speedway, which Cody considers one of his home-tracks. The racing surface is a fast, high-banked half-mile in the Buckeye State, the same state that the Delaware, Ohio native calls home.
In 2015 Coughlin led 25 laps before finishing eighth.
Coughlin’s last SLM start came at the North/South Super Late Model Challenge at the Fairgrounds Speedway Nashville in Tennessee just last weekend. Coughlin finished fifth in the points-paying 50-lap event on Friday in Nashville and then raced to an eighth-place result in the 75-lap non-points Challenge race on Saturday.
Cody Coughlin is a 20-year-old development driver for Joe Gibbs Racing. The Delaware, Ohio native will pilot the JEGS.com Super Late Model in approximately 11 more events this year across the Midwest and Southeast states.
“Toledo is one of my favorite race tracks,” said Coughlin, who is racing part-time for Kyle Busch Motorsports in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series this year. “It’s fast, and it’s challenging. It’s everything you could want in a race track.”
Cody Coughlin’s Team JEGS crew will be led by new crew chief Jack Smith, who will be calling the shots for Coughlin for the second time. Smith is joined by Kevin Hamlin (team manager), Scott Wimmer (spotter), and Dave Holt (crew-member).
Cody is a third-generation race car driver. His family, including his father, John, has been successful in NHRA drag racing for decades. Cody, unlike his family predecessors, chose the path of circle-track racing rather than follow on the straight-line path set forth by the rest of his family. Cody’s mother, Di, and sister, Kennedi, attend Cody’s races in support of their favorite driver.
The Race Track
Toledo Speedway is a half-mile oval with 12-13 degrees of banking in the corners. The track was paved in 1964 and used to hold what was considered to be the “Fastest Short Track Show in the World” when winged Sprint Cars and winged Supermodifieds would take to the track.
Cody Coughlin 2016
- Made NASCAR Camping World Truck Series start for Kyle Busch Motorsports at Daytona Int’l Speedway.
- Will compete in ten more NASCAR Camping World Truck Series races for KBM this year.
- Scored a top five and top 10 in Nashville at North/South Super Late Model Challenge.
Cody Coughlin 2015
- Made first NASCAR Camping World Truck Series start at Kentucky Speedway in July.
- Made six ARCA Racing Series starts. Earned two poles (Talladega, Chicagoland), two top-fives, three top 10’s, and led a total of 28 laps.
- Finished sixth on the road course at New Jersey Motorsports Park in an ARCA Racing Series event in June.
- Ran eight ARCA/CRA Super Series Super Late Model races, with a best finish of second coming at the prestigious Winchester 400 in October.
Cody Coughlin 2014
- Made 11 ARCA Racing Series starts, scoring three top five finishes and eight top-10 finishes.
- He had a best finish of fourth, twice, at Kentucky Speedway and Kansas Speedway.
- He had a streak of three-straight top-10 finishes twice.
- Won the Winchester 100 ARCA/CRA Super Series race at Winchester Speedway.
- Scored three top-fives and four top-10 finishes in four ARCA/CRA Super Series races.
Cody Coughlin 2013
- Won the 2013 JEGS/CRA All-Stars Tour Championship.
- Scored two victories in JEGS/CRA All-Stars Tour competition (Dixie Speedway, Salem Speedway).
- Scored seven top fives and nine top-10’s and two poles in addition to the two victories in JEGS/CRA All-Stars Tour competition.
Get to Know Cody Coughlin
Instagram: JEGS Performance