NASCAR Camping World Truck Series
NextEra Energy Resources 250
No. 18 JEGS/SpillFix Toyota Tundra
Cody Coughlin has dreamed of racing in NASCAR at Daytona International Speedway (FL) for years. This week that dream becomes a reality. Coughlin is behind the wheel of a Toyota Tundra for Kyle Busch Motorsports.
Coughlin has competed at Daytona before with success. He qualified second, led eight laps and finished fourth in the 2015 ARCA Racing Series 200-lap event.
Cody Coughlin is 20 years-old from Delaware, Ohio and will pilot a KBM Toyota Tundra for 11 events in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series in 2016. He will also compete in several Super Late Model races across America with Team JEGS.
“I’m just so glad to have been able to partner with Kyle Busch, his team and SpillFix and I’m extremely thankful for the opportunity to race for them. Hopefully I can get them a win right off the bat.”
The Crew Chief
Wes Ward will be the man atop the pit box for Coughlin on Friday night at Daytona. Ward is an veteran crew chief across all three of NASCAR’s national divisions.
“I’m looking forward to going to Daytona with Cody. He had a couple of strong runs on the superspeedways in the ARCA Racing Series last season and that experience drafting should help him in his first Truck Series start at Daytona. I’m real proud of the effort from everyone at KBM and JEGS to chip in and make taking a fourth truck to Daytona possible. I’m really happy with how our Tundra turned out and I think we’ll have some good speed right of the trailer. We just need to stay out of trouble until late in the race and then make our move. Hopefully at the end of the night we can be in victory lane celebrating and make it a really special night for SpillFix in their first race as a sponsor on the truck.”
SpillFix is an industrial organic absorbent that absorbs spills completely and immediately without damaging floors or equipment and without leaving behind harmful, carcinogens or dust. SpillFix was awarded “New Product of the Year” by the Occupational Health & Safety Magazine for 2015.
Cody is a third-generation race car driver. His family, including his father, John, has been successful in NHRA drag racing for decades. Cody, unlike his family predecessors, chose the path of circle-track racing rather than follow on the straight-line path set forth by the rest of his family. Cody’s mother, Di, and sister, Kennedi, attend Cody’s races in support of their favorite driver.
Kyle Busch Motorsports (KBM) has quickly established itself as one of the most successful teams in all of NASCAR. Owned by Sprint Cup Series champion Kyle Busch and fueled by his passion for winning, the organization has collected a Camping World Truck Series’ record four Owner’s Championships in just six seasons of competition and earned its first-ever Driver’s Championship with Erik Jones in 2015. The organization enters 2016 with a remarkable 45 Truck Series victories, including a single-season series’ record 14 wins in 2014. Sunoco Rookie of the Year candidates Christopher Bell and William Byron will each compete full-time in 2016 while Daniel Suarez and Cody Coughlin will share driving duties for the team’s third entry.
KBM prepares a fleet of race-winning Toyotas out of its state-of-the art 77,000-square-foot facility in Mooresville, N.C. Fans can stay up-to-date with all the latest KBM news online at www.KyleBuschMotorsports.com, by liking the team on Facebook (KBMteam) and by following the team on Twitter (@KBMteam), Instagram (KBMteam), and Google+ (+KBMteam).
The Race Truck
Cody Coughlin and the No. 18 JEGS/SpillFix Kyle Busch Motorsports team will pilot chassis No. KBM-22 at Daytona International Speedway in the NextEra Energy Resources 250. It is a new truck that has never been raced.
The Race Track
Daytona International Speedway is the site of the season-opener for the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series. The “World Center of Racing” opened in 1959. It is a 2.5-mile facility with 31-degrees of banking in the corners and 15-degrees of banking in the tri-oval at the start/finish line.
Cody Coughlin 2015
- Made first NASCAR Camping World Truck Series start at Kentucky in July.
- Made six ARCA Racing Series starts. Earned two poles (Talladega, Chicagoland), two top-fives, three top 10’s, and led a total of 28 laps.
- Finished sixth on the road course at New Jersey Motorsports Park in an ARCA Racing Series event in June.
- Ran eight ARCA/CRA Super Series Super Late Model races, with a best finish of second coming at the prestigious Winchester 400 in October.
Cody Coughlin 2014
- Made 11 ARCA Racing Series starts, scoring three top five finishes and eight top-10 finishes.
- He had a best finish of fourth, twice, at Kentucky Speedway and Kansas Speedway.
- He had a streak of three-straight top-10 finishes twice.
- Won the Winchester 100 ARCA/CRA Super Series race at Winchester Speedway.
- Scored three top-fives and four top-10 finishes in four ARCA/CRA Super Series races.
Cody Coughlin 2013
- Won the 2013 JEGS/CRA All-Stars Tour championship.
- Scored two victories in JEGS/CRA All-Stars Tour competition (Dixie Speedway, Salem Speedway).
- Scored seven top fives and nine top-10’s and two poles in addition to the two victories in JEGS/CRA All-Stars Tour competition.
Get To Know Cody Coughlin